Monday 6 June 2022

Lake Superior Circle Tour Day 9 - Leaving Killarney for home

I was going to end the trip with the night sky at Killarney but changed my mind after viewing my photos from the sunrise the following day - Killarney deserves another post.  I didn't see the actual sunrise but the light from that can be seen from Killarney and the morning glow followed by the subsequent golden hour created an enchanting tableau that's almost painterly.  Here is the sequence, watch the light change.




The light went from the sky onto the landscape
for the golden hour















We went for a short hike on the Lighthouse Trail but turned back because of the bugs.  We did reach the viewpoint where we could see the lake and the huge slabs of pink Georgian Bay granite. To our surprise there was a cruise ship docked in the bay; in fact, when we checked out, the reception staff was all excited about the cruise ship passengers coming to Killarney.  Guess the peace and quiet is not going to last.  Life will certainly change with the coming of cruise ships to the Great Lakes.

Cruise ship on the lake


Pink Georgian Bay granite










I leave Killarney lodge for the homeward journey with a final look at that favourite spot that I returned to time and again, of course now the light has changed and the magic is gone, but it's still a lovely spot, complete with reflection and rocks - what more could I ask for.  
























2 comments:

  1. Love your shorline pics! Really interesting clouds that day! My favorites are the pics with streaky clouds on a blue sky and the pic with the puffy clouds and two trees reflected in water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther. That is one of my favourites too! That's why I showed it twice, once at sunset and once at sunrise. You should try and make it to Killarney one time you're in Ontario. It's a three hour drive from Toronto.

      Delete